Sunday 5 June 2016

Tonic Studios | Floral Blooms Frame

Sometimes just a bit of home decor with a photo is just the thing to make. 

Tonic Beautiful Blooms - Woodland Aster 1285E - USA | UK

Tonic Patterned Panels Die Set - Classic Quatrefoil - USA | UK

Tonic Beautiful Blooms - Gerbera Daisy 1287E - USA | UK
Tonic Sew Pretty Zip & Button 1229E  USA | UK
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Aquamarine 807N - USA | UK

Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Cosmic Brown 810N - USA | UK

The leaves and button have been coloured from white paper like I showed in this tutorial.

To paint the frame (directly on to naked wood) I used a dry brush and painted with Aquamarine - USA | UK - embellishment mousse. To add a bit of a distress look I used my finger and used the Cosmic Brown 810N - USA | UK - as a gilding wax around some of the areas.
Any questions, please leave them on the comments!

Thanks for visiting!

Saturday 4 June 2016

Tonic Studios | Friends are Forever Card

Work is getting in the way of writing this posts. So i will fast! Any questions please use the comments and I will try to answer then.

Tonic Beautiful Blooms - Magnolia Flora 1289E - USA | UK
Tonic Beautiful Blooms - Sunburst Gazania 1288E USA | UK

Tonic Patterned Panels Die Set - Sunflower Array USA | UK
Tonic Indulgence Die and Stamp Frames Set - Friends are Forever - USA | UK

Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Peony Pink 800N USA | UK

Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Lemon Sorbet 805N USA | UK
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Lilac Lavender 801N USA | UK

I die cut the front of the card using Sunflower Array USA | UK. Using the Big Shot Plus it took me three passes, depending on which machine you have it may take less runs through.

I die cut the message (Friends are Forever UK), the flower (Magnolia - USA | UK) and the scroll (Gazania USA | UK) and inked them using distress inks. Then I layered them and glue them to the card.

The inside is a background sprayed with a homemade pearlescent spray using the gorgeous Mousses USA. (I simply dilute in water a small amount in a pot and then transfer it to a Mini Mister.) Then I die cut it using the outer die from the Sunflower Array USA | UK

Simple again, but just my cup of tea!
Thanks for visiting!

Friday 3 June 2016

Tonic Studios | Patterned Panels for home decor

Just a quick post today. I have shared these photos over on Instagram and Facebook, and I thought it would be nice to explain a bit more about them.

Basically once I got the Patterned Panel dies from Tonic, I thought Home Decor! 

Tonic Patterned Panels Die Set - Deco Diamond - USA | UK
Tonic Patterned Panels Die Set - Sunflower Array USA | UK

I used metallic paper to die cut the Sunflower Array for the lamp and Diamond Deco for the battery operated tea light lantern.

The principle is the same in both. You need to die cut the pattern repeatedly across the legnth of your paper. Both Patterned Panels are perfectly seamless once die cut, the only thing you need to do is place the die overlapping the design already die cut and you will feel how it locks in to place. (For a video tutorial, check out Jo Austin's here on her blog.)

Then just glue them together at the end to create a circular lantern. For the lamp, I needed two A4 as it was wider diameter. 

I love how they look in my house beside the Beautiful Blooms bouquet.

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Tonic Studios | Patterned Panels using the positive and negative

Today is the turn of a more subdued card than the previous two using the Patterned panels.
This one featured the  Budding Vine - USA | UK and also some Distress Inks.

I used:

Tonic Patterned Panels Die Set - Budding Vine - USA | UK
Tonic Sew Pretty Zips and Buttons Die and Deboss 10 Piece Set - USA | UK
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Lemon Sorbet 805N USA | UK

Distress Inks: Hickory Smoke and Black Soot

Soft Kabuki brush  from the Pound or Dollar store 

I took a plain european A6 folded card and placed the die at an angle and secured it with low tack tape. I run it through my die cutting machine a couple of times to make sure that it had die cut well. this is the positive effect with the die cutting.

Using a soft kabuki make up brush (I get mine from the Pound shop) I brushed Hickory Smoke all over. Then I created a pearlescent mister diluting a bit of the Embellishment Mousse in Lemon Sorbet in water and then fill a Mini Mister bottle with it. I sprayed gently over the card to give a subtle pearl spots effect.

Then I die cut two layers of Post-it Super Sticky Removable Label  and used them as masks on the card. I then used Black Soot distress ink pad and a kabuky make up brush to create a darker grey, once I was happy with the shade, I lifted the mask and the effect was created. And that is the negative effect using die cutting.

I placed a piece of vellum behind the cover and two pieces of different colours paper inside to create a subtle contrast.

Finally, I die cut a circle and the button, attached bakers twine and layered with a message.

I will be the first that says the obvious. And that is that the sentiment is too faint. But after deliberating for a while I decided that the star of the card is the background so I settled for this subtle message.

I hope you like this positive and negative effect with the patterned panels!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...