I promised on Facebook that I would share a tutorial on how I made the bunch of realistic 3D flowers with Tonic Studios Beautiful Blooms dies I shared earlier.
So here it is. I have made it very detailed so hopefully it all be clear. This is just a way to create them, you can modify any step, simplify them change the colours... Have fun!
For the whole bunch I used:
I die cut six large Magnolia Flora 1289E - USA | UK - flowers and 3 small ones using 120gsm textured paper. You can also use thin card - 220 GSM or there about. The texture is completely optional.
Using Fossilised Amber (or any yellow) Distress Ink and foam on an applicator I coloured all the flowers.
Then, leaving a couple completely yellow, I coloured some over with a bit of Spiced Marmalade - or any orange.
Finally on the last two I added Festive Berries - or any red distress inks.
The idea is to get an array of different shades that all coordinate.
Then I folded them individually in to quarters and then I trimmed the very centre that becomes a pointy. That it will create a hole in the centre as well as one realistic folds on the paper.
On the second lightest colour flower I made a cut between the petals. Then I put glue on one and layer the next one after the cut over it.
Using the lightest flower, I trimmed one full petal and glued the petals either side.
I put a blip of hot glue and thread the flower through a pipe cleaner..
Then I threaded the other glued flower and secured in place with glue.
For the other flowers, I just scrunches them to create shape on the petals.
Then one by one I attached through the pipe cleaner. Just make sure to push each layer to each other as much as possible.
The main flower is finished, but of course you can add more layers, or make it more shapely by making some more cuts and layers.
Using a green florist tape, I covered the stem. You can also use green washi tape.
For the leaves, I die cut them using them from different sets. This particular one I am using for the tutorial is from Apple Blossom 1290E - USA | UK.
I coloured it using a Crushed Olive - or any light or medium green distress ink that you have.
Using the Distress Stain in a darker shade of green - I used Peeled Paint but others will work too - I gently dabb ink in some places to create some darker areas.
Trim the frilly bits on one end of a pipe cleaner, about 1 inch or so.
Using the Distress Stain I coloured the trimmed end of the pipe cleaner.
I glued it to the back of the leave using hot glue. You can put the wire almost up to the very top of the leave for maximum malleability.
Then I covered the rest of the pipe cleaner using florists wax tape. Twisting and turning a little bit all through.
And here it is the flower and leave. Every time it will be slightly different, and I love that about making paper flowers!
I wanted to add an extra, and I took my Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew 677N - USA | UK - and added a couple of drops.
And that creates a dew effect.